
At the beginning of the season, I was hanging out in the car with Kelsie while John and Emily did some shopping. Kelsie announced that "Santa was freaky." I was a little concerned by this, especially since I had never heard my 6 year old use the term "freaky" before. She explained that he was "freaky" because he comes into your house on Christmas Eve and looks in your room while you are sleeping. I found the thought of Santa quite disturbing as well, when put like that. I told her that was kind of "freaky" and I really didn't want Santa peering in my room either. Her response: "Yeah. Well at least you don't have to sit on that "freaky" guys lap to tell him what you want for Christmas."
Needless to say when we went to visit Santa at the mall the next day Kelsie wasn't too interested in sitting on his lap. Her wish: A dog Webkinz

Emily, on the other hand, bounded up and jumped on Santa's lap and was completely delighted by her visit. Her wish: A Barbie Island Princess Movie
After we got home she realized she'd asked for the Barbie, not the movie, and was quite concerned. She wrote a note to clear things up and wanted to make sure I let Santa know that she wanted the circle kind of movie (DVD), not the rectangle kind (VHS)! Things must have been much simpler for Santa when there was only one kind of movie.
Carter didn't sit on Santa's lap although he probably would have enjoyed it. He is quite a social little guy. His wish: A life sized Fur real Pets dog
Carter saw the life sized, barking dogs at Costco. We were surprised when he went crazy sqealing and waving at the dog. He loved it. When we left, he made sure we knew he was not happy at all, and he wanted that dog to come home with him. I don't think Santa is going to think my 10 month old needs a $200 dog, but he'll really be happy with a ball. Kelsie, on the other hand, reminds us almost daily that Carter really wants the big dog for Christmas. My little dog lover might have some alterior motives with all her remindings. Pretty smart approach.



3 comments:
Interesting thoughts from Kelsie about Santa. I never thought about it from that perspective. Love the image of Carter going crazy for a $200 stuffed dog at Costco too!
Merry Christmas!!
That is absolutely too funny! (And hopefully Kelsie didn't get the "freaky" word from my little darlin's.)
Emmi wanted the giant Triceratops at costco :) Pretty sure Kelsie got "freaky" from my family. Sorry 'bout that. My kids have always been freaked out at the idea that someone, ANYONE, even Santa could get into our house. We tell them he's only in here for about 5 seconds because he has so much to do :) Ah, the Santa web of lies . . .
Post a Comment