We've decided that Kelsie must take after Grandma Durrant with her luck in winning contests. On Monday of red ribbon week she came home ecstatic because her name had been pulled out of a drawing and she had won a gift certificate to Jump on It. Pretty cool. It was the 1st time she'd ever won anything and she was so thrilled.
On Wednesday the school announced the winners for the red ribbon week drawing contest. Kelsie won 1st prize for the whole 2nd grade (not a small feat in a school as big as hers). Her drawing was of pedestrian safety and showed all of our family in the car stopping at the crosswalk as kids crossed the street in front of the school. It was a really impressive picture, I have to say. :) That winning wasn't just about luck!
When she got called down to the office for the 2nd time that week to claim her prize the principal even noticed. When she came in he said, "Hmmm. You've won a lot of things lately haven't you? And then he told her "your drawing was very good." She couldn't have been more proud.
After school I went to pick her up and all the kids came running up to me and told me that Kelsie won something REALLY BIG at school. Kelsie wouldn't say a word about it until she got home alone and could show me for herself. She really likes to surprise me after school. :)
So in her bucket of winnings was:
A Halloween bucket, coloring book, crayons, candy, GC for a free pizza, $5 GC to Target
Pretty cool. She was SO excited! I was too. I love free stuff. Maybe she really will take after her Grandma Durrant and her lucky streak will continue!



1 comment:
So how did I miss hearing about that one! My kids are always excited about things like that. Congrats to Kelsie!
Post a Comment