
Carter turned 4 on Feb. 4th. His golden birthday! He had a construction themed birthday with a digger cake! He was delighted when he saw it! It was perfect for him since he likes to tell me that he is going to be a fireman and a worker man (construction worker). Then he can build himself a firestation and a UP House for Emily! He's got his future all planned out!

My big four year old blowing out the candles on his digger cake. Thanks to Kandace for finding the perfect cake for him on Pinterest.

On the morning of his birthday we sent him on a scavenger to find his present: a brand new big boy bike! He looks really excited and happy about it, but don't let it fool you! He is not happy at all about his new bike. A couple of months ago I took him to Walmart to look at big boy bikes and had him sit on a few and he made it very clear that he didn't want a bike. He already had a bike (a tricycle) and that's the only bike he EVER wanted to ride! I thought he'd forget. I should've known my boy better. SO he pulls the blanket off the bike and looks excited for a half a second and then turns to me with a really perturbed look and says, "I told you I didn't want a bike for my birthday. I already have a bike." It was SO funny! None of us knew what to do. It wasn't the reaction we were looking for, that's for sure! :)

We took him out to ride his new big boy bike and try to convince him how cool it was! Didn't work. He rode it for a minute but then got scared and pulled out his old bike--a cars trike. After that, he was all smiles, zooming up and down the sidewalk! Later, at his family party he made sure everyone knew that his mom and dad got him a bike and he didn't want one. He was a hoot. He wasn't saying it snotty--just very matter of fact. I mean, come on. The kid already has a bike! He doesn't need another one! Ever since he was little he'd get mad if we got him new pajamas or a new ball or anything because if he has ONE, he doesn't need another! I could learn a lot from that attitude. Guess he might be riding a trike still when he's 7. He still won't even get near his new bike. Hopefully this summer he'll come around. :)

That evening we celebrated his birthday at Kandace's gym. It was perfect for our rambunctious Carter. He got to run all over with his two cousins who are his same age and his best friends! We did an obstacle course, a building a house and knocking it down relay, and parachute fun. The kids loved playing on all the gym equipment.

A happy, birthday boy! This picture is SO Carter. I love it.

He loved all his presents from his grandparents, cousins, and aunts. He thought this bulldozer was the greatest thing ever! Thanks to grandma and grandpa for saving his birthday since his parents got him a bike!

We always celebrate Ethan's birthday with Carter's since his is the next day. My sister's and I pooled our money and got him a new bike that he really needed. He was completely shocked and so happy when he saw it. The picture doesn't do it justice but his mouth was hanging open in shock! It was so awesome. At least I got the reaction I was looking for from my cute nephew. When Carter saw it he sighed a big sigh and said, "Another bike". He was just so annoyed. We sure love our funny boy named Carter. Happy Birthday big 4 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment