My cousins and brother were the casket bearers. So glad Brenton was able to fly in to be here for this.
My Grandpa served in the military and had a deep love for his country. He was buried with a full military burial. It was very neat and emotional to think of the sacrifices he has made in his life to serve our country. He had been an active part of Honor Guard that does the military burials and these were his friends who came to pay their last respects. They were able to do this service for him just as he had done for so many during his life.
My dad was presented with the American flag from Grandpa's casket. It was very neat. Also, very fitting because my dad loves this country and what it stands for. He is the most patriotic person I know. As I listen to stories about my Grandpa Peterson I know that this patriotism is something he inherited from him.
Uncle Bruce was there with Aggie Ice Cream from the Creamery. I hadn't seen him in years and it was fun to see him, even if he was the tickling uncle that I hated visiting. :) John and Uncle Bruce hit it off and had quite the BYU/Aggie rivalry fun. John asked me why I had never told him about my Uncle Bruce. He really liked him! I assured him I had no idea they would be such bosom buddies! Kind of scary! :) We also discovered that one of Kelsie's friends in her class at school is actually related to her as I talked with one of my dad's cousins I hadn't seen in years! Kelsie couldn't be more thrilled with this new information.
Here is all of my Grandma and Grandpa's posterity that was at the funeral. It was a great day to remember my Grandpa and to reunite with family that we hadn't seen in a long time. My Grandma and Grandpa led simple lives but their family was the most important thing to them. In their passing that is the great legacy that lives on.









No comments:
Post a Comment