Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Animals

We took the kids and their friend Brianna to the birthday party for the baby animals at Farm Country. Carter was so excited he could hardly contain himself and couldn't wait to tell all the animals Happy Birthday. He seriously loves birthdays more than any kid I've ever met. He gets so excited! We saw the new baby animals (and Carter personally wished each one Happy Birthday), ate birthday cake, rode a cow train, and played farm games. The girls won poppers from a game and were thrilled--they love those little plastic poppers and play with them forever.
Carter loved this feeding trough that was filled with sawdust. We couldn't even get him out of it to eat the cake...pretty shocking for Carter to turn down food.

Right as we were leaving we got to see this baby horse that had just been born. He was 10 minutes old and still all wet and matted down from birth. We got to stand right by him and pet him, but his mama was pretty protective and kept nudging herself between him and the eager kids who wanted to pet him. It was the highlight of the animal birthday party.

Here's a video of Carter wishing the animals Happy Birthday. Note to grandparents: the videos don't come through the email so you'll have to pull up the blog if you want to see a video that's posted. :)

4 comments:

B. Peterson said...

Awesome. I want to go before I move. I don't care if I'm the only person without kids there.

Janie said...

I love that Carter is telling all the baby animals to have a Happy Birthday. So cute! What a great place to go and have some fun.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

we still have never made it over there for that---and a 10 minute old baby horse!?! totally awesome. And isn't Carter a sweet boy wanting to say happy birthday to ALL the animals---no wonder Emmi loves him so much :)

Devon said...

I wish wish wish that we were still there so our kids could all be best buds. Sometimes I read your blog and I swear you just have blond versions of my kids (except probably better behaved, and as for Carter, a better communicator!) We even have the same Easter Baskets! Crazy! I love all the pictures, and I love that Carter wanted another cast. That's hilarious! And you're having another boy? That's the only thing that tempts me, is to have Maddox again, only maybe a little smaller the next time around. So how exciting! I can't wait to see another cute little carter!