Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kelsie's Baptism

Today Kelsie was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a very special day and we were lucky to be surrounded by lots of family and friends. We are grateful for our sweet Kelsie for making the decision to be baptized and for the good example she is to her little sister and brother.

Our family

Kelsie, her dad, and Grandpa Durrant

John, Kelsie, Grandma & Grandpa Durrant and Great Grandma Durrant

Kelsie was so excited that some of her best neighbor friends came for her baptism.

At the Stake Center Kelsie ran into a friend from her school class that was being baptized at the same time. She thought it was so cool--gotta love Utah!
John, me, Kelsie, Grandma and Grandpa Peterson

This is a really cute candy gram(that Kelsie LOVED) from Kelsie's old Primary teacher, Sr. Johnson. Our wards just split and Sr. Johnson is no longer her teacher or in our ward, but she volunteered to still come and give the talk on baptism. It meant a lot to Kelsie to have her there. She was an amazing teacher and Kelsie had her for two years.

That's my sweet Kelsie. After everyone went home she just sat down and wanted to read her new scriptures.



Side note: This memory just popped in my head as I was posting this so I thought I'd write it down. Prior to her baptism we were having an FHE lesson one night about agency. John gave "baptism" as an example for the kids and Kelsie's mouth dropped open and she said, "you mean I can choose whether to be baptized or not." She was very surprised, to say the least. I guess we hadn't explained that part very well, but is sure was funny. We are glad that she understands agency a little better now and that she made her own choice to be baptized.

No comments: