
The last day before Christmas break we went to the sing in. It was adorable, but a mad house, and we got NO pictures. After that was
Kelsie's class service project.
Kelsie's 4
th grade class gave up their class Christmas party to do a service project. The kids brought in new and gently used baby supplies to donate to young mom's who don't have anything.
Kelsie finished up her final donation the night before the "party". She cut and tied a really cute fleece blanket.

We ended up with TONS of donations. It was really neat! I wanted all the kids to feel ownership of this project so we divided them into groups and let them each choose items and create a gift basket for a mom and baby. There were tons of parents who came to help and we had a fun time wrapping things up and creating cute baskets.

Here's my group with our basket. The kids had a great time and I thought it was so neat to see them give up the games and treats to do something nice for someone else at Christmas time. AT the end, a mom shared a really nice story and we had cookies and it was neat to see all their happy smiles as we loaded boxes and boxes of items up to donate! I'm so grateful I got to be a part of this and I think it ended up well. There were a couple parents who didn't like the way I organized it, I could tell. This bothered me a lot but it was a good learning experience for me. Sometimes your role is just to show up and be a happy helper and you don't need to give your 2 cents on how it could be better, if you are not the one in charge. I need to remember that too. All in all, it went really well. The kids had a great time and felt the Christmas spirit as they gave to others, and that is what I cared about the most!

This is the mural in
Kelsie's hall. The art classes created it and it turned out SO cute!

Had to get a picture of
Kelsie in her hall. Notice the plaque at the top of the picture naming the hallway "
Kelsie's Crossing." How cool is that!?! The PTA auctioned off the naming of hallways. I didn't win, but the other "
Kelsie" in 4
th grade did and her mom named their hallway "
Kelsie's Crossing." Pretty cool for my
Kelsie, too. :) Everyone asks her about it and she just says, "it's a
looonng story!"
1 comment:
What a neat thing to put together Andrea! I sure wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment